Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Song


(temporarily sung to sky blue and black)

There is a place
where men and women meet
It crashes against the pier,
It comes rumbling down the street.


It’s freezing in the headlights
It’s betting on the dice
It’s waiting at the hospital
Staying up all night


yeah, I saw you standing over there
but I didn’t know if I had enough in me to share
yeah, I saw you look my way
I didn’t know if I should stay.


there’s no mercy and no compromise
it takes all that you’ve reserved
it’s redemption and forgiveness
no matter what’s deserved


it’s a drunken misunderstanding
tears washing down your face
it’s choosing sides when you realize
that now you merit grace


yeah, I saw you walking to where I stood
and I guess there’s nothing I would change, even if I could
yeah, and I recognized the distance
from some other place


2005

No comments:

Post a Comment